Photo of the Day
I’ve seen a lot of deer this week, when I go out on my walk/runs…every time, I can’t help but think: What if one of these just plows right into me as I’m running by?!
Photo of the Day
My favorite shoes…ever!
Health and Wellness Journal
Today’s Date: 11/9/2019
Activities: .5 mile walk
-Lunch- fettuccine, corn, peas
-supper- rotisserie chicken, fettuccine, corn, peas
-drinks- mostly cranberry juice, and Gatorade, one cup of coffee with creamer and sugar in the raw
How do I feel? Today, I felt more energized. Especially after my walk.
Areas for growth: walk longer, and at a quicker pace; drink more water
One Thing: Health and wellness/ Exercise
Growing up I liked junk food. It was good, and so I ate it.
In college, I’m pretty sure I ate 3 meals a day from the drive-thru. Don’t judge me. (Yup, I saw the gasp and horrified look in your eyes-haha) It was just so easy.
I also started thinking about the things that went into my body. Through classes and seeing all these recalls on products, my eyes were opened to the fact that all these things entering my body…may not be the best thing for me.
As we got married and starting having kids, we still went through the dive-thru some, but not as much.
When my oldest was about 1.5, we went and watched my brother-in-law run a half-marathon. He had also recently become a vegetarian, and then soon after, vegan. That weekend, my husband and I went home and decided to make some changes. We watched a documentary called “Forks Over Knives”. We, cold turkey, stopped eating meat. We gave away all the meat we had left over. And…we started running and hiking.
With my pregnancy with my second son, I was more anemic, more foggy brained, and had more postpartum depression. Just before I found out I was pregnant with him is when I had my last long run of 10+ miles. And to this day, I miss it.
Shortly after he was born, I found one of two health and wellness companies that I love.
Since then, I have been in and out of making healthy decisions for me and my family.
I’ve learned a lot.
And now, it’s time to move forward.
So, what did the process look like?
* For a solid year, I was making great choices and learning a lot about what it meant to support my body. We were running all.the.time. And, participating in races. But, in all honesty…I let it get to my head…I was a little too prideful.
* With the postpartum depression, I had to put all my focus and energy on healing my mind. So, nutrition and exercise growth went right out the window.
* I’ve spent the past 6 years doing heart work, and mind work…exercising as a stress reliever. I’ve found that I like home works outs, yoga, running, hiking, and kayaking.
* So, now I’m ready to move forward.
*My first step is to start exercising every day, again. Although, this time, with a little more love for myself. I was hard on myself last time, and I’ve learned a lot about loving myself in the process.
*Right now, I am up to walking 2-3 times a week.
*Once I get my daily exercise down, all my other goals should naturally fall into place….but here they are
*Eat more natural, less processed
*Lose about 40-50 lbs.
* Exercise daily with running and cross-training.
* Share my love of wellness with others!
* Drink 1/2 my weight, in oz, of water, daily.
Have you been overwhelmingly searching for ways to support wellness in your life?
I encourage you to take it One Thing at a time. Love yourself in the process. Share what you love and learn with someone else- just be sure that they are looking for it, too.