For the first time ever, I am super stoked about my family being back at school. Because this means that I will have time to do things that I am not able to do while they are home. When they are home, I allow myself to be distracted by their presence. Which is not necessarily a bad thing- it just means I have a hard time focusing on getting things done, past the surface things like washing and folding clothes, dishes, sweeping and mopping, you know? The basic stuff.
And that’s fine- except we really need the organization, and to minimize the things we own by the end of May. That’s 10 months. I have 10 months to keep working on getting us organized and ready for the travel life.
I’m also excited, because I get to make time for me.
Spending time running, figuring out how to work in at-home work outs. Working towards better nutrition for our family.
Between baby number 2 and baby number 3- I unofficially resolved to not work on my health as much as I had before. It was honestly too hard in that season. I was working on surviving and healing.
But, now I am excited to begin jumping in feet first.
And then, there is the rest of my daily 5, err…it actually turned out to be daily 6, for me.
Over the summer, I got the opportunity to hear John Maxwell speak at YL’s convention. He spoke about the Rule of 5 <———You can read about it for yourself! It’s pretty great advice.
Anyways, when we got home. I quickly decided what my “daily 6” things would be.
1. Spend time with Jesus- I knew that I needed to make getting back in the word, and focusing my mind and heart on the heart of Jesus- a priority.
2. Clean and Organize-Spending 1-2 hours a day cleaning and getting everything organized for travel life.
3. Educating myself on my passions: 1 hr of Health and wellness, Education, Photography, or Growth.
4. Content production- working towards creating content every day- whether that be blogging, podcasting, or something else.
5. Connecting with people- I love my family and friends. I am also an introvert. So, if I don’t make connecting with people a priority. I get lost in my other daily activities, and forget to connect with people….and we all need community.
6. Exercise. One of my goals is focusing on my health and wellness, and well…again, if I don’t make it a priority…it won’t happen.
And in between all of this, finding ways to bring in income for our family. Because when it gets down to it….we still have to make money on the road when we travel. I wish I could win the lottery, or something…but that’s just not my reality, at the moment. So, I’m learning how to squeeze in ways to bring in income, in a flexible way, that allows me to do all the things, and still contribute financially.
My biggest prayer at the end of this year, is that all the hard work will pay off and we will be set up to succeed when we “launch out” in May. Then, we will have all the time in the world to explore and learn, as a family.